- For the scones:
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) cold, unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- For the caramel drizzle:
- 1/2 of an 11oz bag of Kraft Caramels (about 15 candies), unwrapped
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- For the chocolate drizzle:
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, melted
- For topping:
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut, toasted
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, brown sugar and salt. Cut cold butter into the flour, using either a pastry blender, two knives, or your fingers, until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. No piece of butter should be bigger than the size of a pea.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs and heavy cream until combined. Pour this cream mixture over the flour mixture and fold in with a large spatula or wooden spoon until a thick dough forms. If the dough is too sticky to turn out onto the table, add a few more tablespoons of flour until the dough no longer sticks to your hands.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat into a 3/4 inch thick round. Cut into 8 or 12 wedges (like cutting a pizza) and place these wedges on an ungreased cookie sheet, leaving at least 2 inches of space between them.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10-12 minutes, or until they are golden brown and firm. Let cool on pan for a few minutes before carefully removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cool, drizzle melted chocolate over scones.
- For the caramel drizzle: Combine caramels and heavy cream in a medium saucepan and heat over medium heat. Stir with a silicone whisk or spatula to distribute the caramel as it melts and to prevent it from burning. Once the mixture is smooth (about 5 minutes) remove from heat and let cool for five minutes.
- Whisk in powdered sugar, then drizzle caramel over cooled scones. Top with toasted coconut and let dry.