So you may or may not remember this, but I really love orange creamsicle.
There were these orange creamsicle cupcakes…..
and these orange creamsicle truffles…..
which, by the way, both recipes came from Cooking Classy (she knows what’s up!)
Now, I decided, it is time for orange creamsicle to enter the realm of breakfast foods.
Behold – the orange creamsicle muffin!
Mmmmm, because my morning can’t be complete without the addition of fresh orange juice, carbs, and…
Oh and white chocolate.
Don’t you want to come over for breakfast at my place??
It’s so full of sweet, awesome, treats.
The weather has finally mellowed out here in NJ to a balmy 75-80 degrees; but that doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy summery sweet delectable treats, right?
Because, as we all know, the weather in NJ pretty much does whatever the heck it wants and it could be 99 degrees in a few days.
Note: I really really hope it does not do that.
Please, weather, stay where you are.
I no longer look like I ran (and almost passed out in) a marathon when I get to work. I can finally turn off the AC and just enjoy opening the windows.
I can turn on the oven and bake to my heart’s content without feeling bad about raising the temperature in the entire house.
Sigh. I need to move to a colder area….
Anyhoo – these muffins. You and your family will love them. The combination of orange juice and heavy cream bring that distinct creamsicle flavor to every bite of these muffins, not to mention the fresh orange zest and creamy white chocolate chips.
A quick batch of these will keep you covered for breakfast for the entire week, and if you need a no-fuss dessert, go for the jumbo size and serve them after dinner!
I promise: muffins are not ugly cupcakes.
Cupcakes are haters. These muffins aim to please and will satisfy that summery sweet craving you’ve been having lately.
Or am I the only one constantly craving orange creamsicles?
As always, please don’t answer that question.
Once you eat these muffins, you will fully comprehend what I mean by summery sweet craving.
I think next on the list would be orange creamsicle cheesecake….
Oh or this orange creamsicle milkshake from my buddy Ramona…..
OR maybe I’ll actually just journey down to the shore and get an orange creamsicle.
Most likely my lazy self will stick with the muffins heehee. 🙂
I hope you enjoy them and the lovely weather!
I’ll be back tomorrow to show you what I ended up concocting with my homemade stocks. :O
Orange Creamsicle Muffins
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar, mixed with 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 and line one 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar/orange zest mixture, baking powder, and salt. In a separate, smaller bowl, whisk together orange juice, heavy cream, egg, and vegetable oil.
- Pour wet ingredient mixture over dry ingredient mixture. Stir with large wooden spoon, sprinkling white chocolate chips as you stir, until mixture is just combined and white chocolate chips are evenly disbursed.
- Scoop out muffin mixture (I use an ice cream scoop, it’s about 1/4 cup) into prepared muffin pan, filling about 2/3 way full. Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for a few minutes before carefully removing to wire rack to cool completely.
Makes approx 12 muffins
All Photos, Recipes (Unless Otherwise Specified) And Writing Copyright © 2013 Jessica Gonzalez | On Sugar Mountain