Rich chocolatey fudge layered between buttery graham cracker crust and stuffed with mini marshmallows, this S’mores Fudge is sure to be your favorite no-bake dessert this Summer!
I hope you all enjoyed the long weekend! I know I did. I whipped up so many fantastic treats to share with you!
Two weeks worth of posts, in fact! I love when I get into that groove in the kitchen; exhaustion is not an option when you are busy crafting cereal treats, coconutty cupcakes, mocha coconut smoothies,
and s’mores fudge!
As Summer swiftly approaches, my mind immediately turns to s’mores. People are spending more time outside, more time in front of their grills, and more time camping.
Note: people spend more time camping. Not me. I do not camp.
Camping is terrifying. Have you watched oh I don’t know, ANY serial killer or horror films?
So many of them start as innocent camping trips!
Also bugs, and dirt, and sleeping on the ground in a bag, seriously who came up with camping? Well, I guess the pioneers did, but it wasn’t so much for fun as it was for existence. Now we have houses! Aren’t houses grand? Outside your house you can have a pretty grill where you toast up some s’mores…
Or you can whip up some creamy, decadent, s’mores fudge that lasts all week long!
Well, in theory it lasts all week long, you know, if you don’t continue to make lame puns about needing “s’more” of them and eat them all in one weekend.
Yes. I am that person. I always need s’more s’mores in my life.
And so do you!
This recipe calls for a classic, chocolatey fudge base with layers of buttery graham cracker crust on both sides, with a layer of mini marshmallows sandwiched in-between. The fudge keeps the mini marshmallows soft, chewy, and gooey, just like in your favorite s’mores!
As the weather continues to get warmer, I know I’ll be looking for simple, no-bake desserts and sweet treats to enjoy that don’t require me to turn on my oven (and thus turn my kitchen into one of the levels of Dante’s Inferno)
This would also be a good time to mention that I will be posting twice a week in the summer instead of the customary three times a week I keep to for the rest of the year. Aside from the fact that people are spending more time out and about at the beach (and less time working up a sweat in the kitchen) I also happen to have a teaching gig in the summer that, when combined with my year-round job, will put me at a full forty hours a week, not including the blog.
But I love the blog! So I shall just curtail my posting to 2x a week. I’ll be back on Friday of this week to share a recipe for Tropical Coconut Lemon Cupcakes!
Rich chocolatey fudge layered between buttery graham cracker crust & stuffed with mini marshmallows, this S’mores Fudge is sure to be your favorite no-bake dessert this Summer!
Yields: approximately 16 fudge squares
- For the graham cracker crust:
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 tbsp melted butter
- For the fudge:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- pinch of salt
- 1 (12 oz) bag semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (7oz) jar marshmallow fluff
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- *Make the graham cracker crust:* Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and stir until well combined and clumpy. Line one 9×9 square pan with aluminum foil, then press half the graham cracker crust mixture evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- *Make the fudge:* Add both sugars, butter, heavy cream, and salt to a medium-sized, deep pot and bring to a boil. Boil for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and, using an electric mixer, beat in fluff. Stir in chocolate and beat until smooth.
- Pour half the fudge over the graham cracker crust in the prepared pan, followed by a layer of mini marshmallows. Top with the rest of the chocolate fudge, and then cover the top of the fudge with the remaining graham cracker crust mixture. Press graham cracker crust gently into the fudge (to make sure it sticks!). Cover and place in fridge to set for at least 4 hours. Cut into squares and serve.