IT SNOWED! IT SNOWED! IT SNOWED!
Most of the snow then promptly melted and now it’s raining but still, it finally snowed!
Now when I listen to “Winter Wonderland” for the umpteenth time I can truly sing it with feeling.
Though I’ll have to sing it in between bites of these glorious muffins!
I’ve realized how neglectful I’ve been of muffins recently. After seeing those adorable little mounded tops of crumbs on the Eggnog Muffins last week, I knew I needed to make more.
But if not eggnog, then what?
I stumbled upon some fresh cranberries the other day at the grocery store, and since I’ve never eaten one before….
*sound of car coming to screeching halt*
“YOU’VE NEVER HAD A CRANBERRY BEFORE?!”
Strange right? I’ve had that terrifying jelly that comes out of a can around Thanksgiving, but up until recently I’ve never experienced fresh cranberries before.
They are LOVELY! We should really promote them more.
C’mon Alton Brown: I’ve seen you chatting about grapes and how they are tiny burst of amazing antioxidants. Why not spread some love to cranberries?
So that’s what I’m going to do today: spread my new-found love of cranberries to all my lovely readers with these slightly sweet, slightly tart, perfect-for-breakfast Cranberry Muffins.
Filled with fresh cranberries, white chocolate chips, and a healthy bit of orange zest, these Cranberry Orange White Chocolate Muffins will wake you up in the morning with a burst of fresh flavor.
Not much of a fan of over-the-top, tons of work required, decadent Christmas breakfasts? Just leave a freshly baked batch of these on the counter while you open presents Christmas morning. They’ll disappear just as quickly as the presents do!
Oh and did I mention your home will smell absolutely amazing? Cranberries and orange mesh together for the perfect flavor AND scent combo.
How I missed muffins!
They are just so incredibly simple and can brighten up any morning. I think I may go eat one right now!
I’ll be back on Wednesday with more festive sweet treats!
Cranberry Orange White Chocolate Muffins
Filled with cranberries, white chocolate chips, and orange zest, these Cranberry Orange White Chocolate Muffins will wake you with a burst of fresh flavor.
Yields: approximately 12 muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp orange zest (from approximately one orange)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line one 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners. Add sugar and orange zest to a large bowl and rub together with your fingers until fragrant. Whisk in flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate, smaller bowl, whisk together vegetable oil, egg, and milk. Pour over flour mixture and stir until a few streak of flour remain, then fold in cranberries and white chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 way full with muffin batter and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out nearly clean. A few crumbs are okay. Let cool in pan for a few minutes before carefully removing to a wire rack to cool completely.