Cinnamon Chip Oatmeal Cookies
IT’S OFFICIALLY AUTUMN!
Arent you excited? Now we don’t have to pretend it’s Fall when we are sweating our butts off in the middle of August…
or was that only me? I totally understand if I’m the only person who prefers cold weather to hot, but summer and I never got along.
So I’m glad she’s gone.
As an ardent baker, it makes sense though that I would enjoy the cooler months; fresh, warm cookies make so much more sense when there’s a chill in the air and sweatpants are the comfortable clothes of choice.
Man, have I missed sweatpants.
It doesn’t take much to make me happy, huh? Sweatpants, a brisk chill in the air, and a week-long cookie fest to welcome in the weather.
To start things off, let’s take a long, loving, look at these chewy Cinnamon Chip Oatmeal Cookies!
Hello oatmeal cookies: my name is Jess. I made you, with lots of love…
and now I’m going to eat you, with even more love.
Teehee. Sweater weather makes me a little
insane more weird than usual. But seriously folks, these oatmeal cookies are exactly what you need to brighten you day, week, season…
Whatever you need, these cookies can be there for you. They are soft and chewy, with bursts of cinnamon in every bite.
I took a page out of Miss Sally’s book (of Sally’s Baking Addiction) and worked cornstarch into these cookies. It is easily one of the most amazing ingredients to include in a cookie recipe: it keeps them soft and pilllowy for days after baking.
Between that and a combo of granulated and dark brown sugar, I would be totally content with calling these breakfast cookies.
I mean, they have oats in them, right?
So yes? We can all call these breakfast cookies?
Of course we can.
I forgot how much I love making cookies; they are so easy and the payoff is HUGE.
Seriously – you get 2 dozen cookies to
hide in your room and scarf down all week long in secret to eat and share with your friends.
Oh and raw cookie dough – raw cookie dough is in and of itself enough of a reason to make cookies.
But if you’re reading this blog, then you are so smart you already know that.
The cookie fest will continue on Wednesday with a Starbucks-inspired sweet treat, so be sure to check back soon for all the fun!
Cinnamon Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, at room temp
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup cinnamon chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, combine flour, oats, baking soda, cornstarch, salt, and cinnamon.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer (or a large bowl) beat butter and both sugars for 3-5 minutes until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla until well incorporated, then slowly mix in flour mixture until dough comes together. Fold in cinnamon chips.
- Scoop out rounded tablespoons of dough and place at least 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are just beginning to brown, then remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheet before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
Makes Approximately 2 dozen cookies
All Photos, Recipes (Unless Otherwise Specified) And Writing Copyright © 2013 Jessica Gonzalez | On Sugar Mountain