As I wrote Monday’s post about my love affair with orange creamsicle-everything, I realized those orange creamsicle truffles were the last truffles I’d eaten in quite some time.
Shocking, isn’t it?
No one, especially yours truly, should go that long without at least
a dozen one truffle to brighten the day.
As such, I am now correcting that huge error with these decadent nutella sea salt truffles.
Yep. You heard me right folks.
Nutella + sea salt = decadent no-bake sweet treat that will knock your socks off.
Though I’ve mentioned it several times, I tend to repeat myself when I am hot and ornery…
Friends, I loathe the heat.
I think I need to move to the north pole. I’m sure Santa could use some help and I make a mean hot cocoa.
Oh and I could bring him these truffles!
Let’s be serious here – the heat makes people grumpy.
No one enjoys sweating, or frizzy hair, or sunburn…
and no one wants to turn on an oven and bake up a cake when it means feeling like you’re living in the oven for hours afterward.
Hence, these truffles are the perfect solution!
Perhaps you share my dislike of this weather and are currently hot and grumpy while also craving some sugary goodness.
You neither want to turn on the oven nor exert too much effort for fear of perspiration.
Truffles to the rescue!
Simply melt everything in a pot (takes about 5 minutes) then pour over some chocolate. Whisk until it’s nice and smooth and then into the fridge it goes.
Then, when it’s solid enough to work with, roll out your little truffles, top with a smidge of sea salt, and you’re done!
What a breeze.
No sweat – literally heehee.
Since nutella is semi-liquid at room temp, you will want to keep these truffles in the fridge until you are ready to eat them. I attempted to hide out in my room with
all of them a few and by the time I ate one, the others were beginning to get a tad soft.
They should keep in the fridge for almost a week though; so perhaps you should be a little more restrained that I was and eat one a day.
Pssssssst: one a day is impossible!
I also want to point out that I rolled mine in cocoa powder as it seemed fitting; cocoa powder can be a tad bitter so feel free to roll them in powdered sugar if it suits you.
I’m off to avoid sweating at all costs and eat more truffles!
Nutella Sea Salt Truffles
Nutella Sea Salt Truffles are the perfect no-bake salty sweet treat for summer (or any season!)
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips/chunks
- 1/2 cup nutella
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder or powdered sugar (for rolling)
- sea salt for garnish
- Add chocolate chips to a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Melt butter, heavy cream, and nutella over medium heat. Once melted, bring to just under a boil (you should see little bubbles around the edges but don't wait for big bubbles across the surface), stirring constantly.
- Let cool for 30 seconds then pour over chocolate chips. Let sit for 1 minute, then whisk mixture until smooth.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours or until firm.
- Scoop heaping teaspoons or tablespoons (depending on how large you want the truffles) and form into balls. Roll in cocoa powder or powdered sugar, then roll one half in sea salt. Another option would be to sprinkle sea salt over the tops of the truffles and press very gently with a finger to make sure it sticks.
- Place in freezer for 10 minutes to set. Keep in refrigerator until ready to eat.