Banana Berry Fudge
Do you feel it? It’s been creeping in ever so slowly. Popping its head in here and now, giving us a tease on April 1st….
rather appropriate for April Fools actually.
But it’s coming!
Spring is coming!
Sunshine, warm breezes, thunderstorms and the smell of fresh rain. Fresh fruits and long nights, followed by lovely bright mornings, oh I cannot wait.
I won’t wait.
So today I bring you a fudge inspired by Springtime, by all those bright cheery colors of fruits, and flavors reminiscent of one of my favorite breakfast smoothies.
Banana Berry Fudge – The sweetest version of a fruit smoothie you’ll ever experience.
You all remember my not so banana Banana Cream Fudge? Yeah, well, that was majorly disappointing. So this time, I held nothing back: I threw in 1/4 cup of jello mix into each layer of this fudge. The result is creamy, dreamy. fresh and fruity fudge – not to mention the bright pink color can brighten any cloudy day.
Although the recipe is rather simple, I did feel as though I needed four hands to get the different layers made before they started to harden up. If you have a partner in crime (kid-sized or college-sized!) this would be a great recipe to try with a friend. One can whip up the banana layer while the other the strawberry flavor; and the quicker each layer gets done, the quicker it gets into the fridge….
and subsequently into your mouths!
Because patience is not a virtue I possess, I don’t expect it of my readers heehee. Four hours (I know I know but it’s worth it!) and this smoothie-inspired confection can be yours. Plus while it cools you can go and do other things…like homework or work-work….
or play around on Pinterest…
or on Cute Roulette…seriously it’s like cuteness-induced hypnosis.
You’ll find no judgment here.
Now that I’ve unlocked the keys to this fudge recipe, I can imagine a whole slew of other awesome recipes. Key Lime Pie Fudge is definitely the next one in the works. Oooo and maybe with a graham cracker crust!
Well, at any rate it’s a lovely Friday here in NJ and I shan’t keep you a moment longer.
Did I just write “shan’t” ?
Yep. I totally did.
My recent obsession with Doctor Who might be the cause, but honestly it’s one of the coolest shows ever and I cannot stop watching it. All of it is on Netflix and like a true college student, that means I have to watch all the seasons ASAP to get caught up.
But like I said – sunny day. Let’s go enjoy it!
Have a lovely weekend, and as always,
Banana Berry Fudge
Adapted from Shugary Sweets
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- pinch of salt
- 1 (12oz) bag white chocolate chips
- 1 (7oz) jar marshmallow fluff
- 1/4 cup strawberry jello mix
- 1/4 cup banana cream pie pudding mix
- assorted sprinkles for decorating
- Line one 9×9 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Combine sugar, butter, heavy cream and salt in a deep, large saucepan. Melt over medium high heat and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Beat in marshmallow fluff and white chocolate chips until smooth. Quickly pour half the fudge into a mixing bowl, then beat in strawberry jello mix until well combined. Repeat with banana pudding mix and rest of fudge mixture in a separate bowl.
- Pour strawberry layer into prepared pan, then pour banana layer on top, spreading to cover the top entirely. Use a knife or toothpick to gently swirl layers together, then cover with sprinkles.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least four hours, or overnight if desired. Once cool, cut into squares.
All Photos And Writing Copyright © 2013 Jessica Gonzalez | On Sugar Mountain